I had a great day for results today. I PR’d every segment I rode and smashed some old times. I was feeling 9/10 and even though the wattle pollen was noticeable.
|Name||Dist||Elev||Speed||HR||New Time||Previous Best|
|Mulligan’s gate to gate east||3.3km||32m||22.9km/h||164bpm||00:08:30||00:09:07|
|Quoll Gate to Curlew Gate||1.4km||9m||21.2km/h||164bpm||00:03:50||00:04:55|
|Mulligans Not So Flat – The Rest||1.5km||22m||16.0km/h||169bpm||00:05:50||00:05:50|
|mulligan’s gate to gate west||3.3km||33m||20.3km/h||159bpm||00:09:32||00:10:03|
|Mulligan’s Sanctuary to Gate||0.5km||9m||21.0km/h||169bpm||00:01:31||00:02:09|
On segments 1, 2 and 5 I waited at the top for my colleague Amandeep, so there’s almost 20s to gain there. On those segments I pushed quite hard, maybe 90-95% effort. The big difference was that my legs provided power without question instead of crumbling as I reached the top.
Makes me want to set some goals:
- Mulligan’s gate to gate east in 8:00
- Kangawallafox Climb in 3:45
- Quoll Gate to Curlew Gate in 3:40
- Mulligans Not So Flat – The Rest in 5:30 (I should aim lower, but I’ll just have to see.)
- mulligan’s gate to gate west in 8:00 (which should be easier than going East if the current times from other riders are anything to go by.)
- Mulligan’s Sanctuary to Gate in 1:25.
Now that Spring is starting, I might start morning rides and chase these times down.
It also appears that my average heart rate, while still high, is moderating and my recovery time is improving gradually.