My results for a load in the dryer Hoover 5050ED:
- 2.0 kW/h
- 1.6 CO2/kg
- Maximum power 1992.4 W and 1760 W when running
- Time 42″
- cost of electricity used 12.9¢
- When stopped it beeps for a short time and then moves to 0.9w on standby.
Compared to washing a (slightly larger) load with cold water, the dryer is responsible for:
- 10 x the power
- 9 x CO2
- almost twice the maximum power and a sustained power use of about 5 x
- and cost 3 x more to run for about 1/3 of the time.
Time to devise a low-energy, winter clothes drying solution.