Apart from the ubiquitous Pocari Sweat sports drink and Kirin Ichiban beer, here are some of the liquids I have consumed recently:
- Match, the “Let’s Vitamin” sports drink. Too sweet.
- Mao shōchū. Rare and special with an aroma of apples. My brother-in-law brought the bottle from Kyushu because you can’t get it easily anywhere else.
- Lots of local sake. It really does work with any meal just as stated in Oishinbo.
- Coffee; weak. Even when I order espresso.
- Filtered water, from a Panasonic talking reverse-osmosis water filter.
- Asahi Dodecamin Cola “Wild Edition”, with B group vitamins
- Kirin Mets Grapefruit
- Suntory Dakara calorie off sports drink. (CM used to feature Mannekin Pis in full glory)